Sunday, June 7, 2009

company of shadows...


We walk.. we move.. we sit.. stand.. run.. halt..! generally to see the path we move on.. we need light..

and being opaque.. as the rays of light hit you.. ur shadow gets a birth.. may be beside.. in front or behind.. it somehow gets attached to you and your journey.. and as u move on.. you see no-one but ur darker image covering it up with u..

many days gone by.. i saw myself standing still.. heading nowhere.. but now i can see a ray of light sourced from my destination.. i have to follow that.. its very dim. i can barely see the path that i need to cover.. and this journey is something that i have to cover alone..

its not that i fear solitude but its always better to have a companion to travel a path with you.. i took the first step.. and suddenly i got my companion.. a silent dark friend.. that had almost the same shape like mine, maybe in different ratios.. that frnd moved with me.. never talked.. and became prominent as i reached closer to the destination.. the intensity of light grew higher and so was my friend's darkness..

sometimes when i thought i m losing the way.. i stood still and looked at him.. he was always at the opposite side of the light.. being my compass i cud get the direction to move towards.. being a silent help.. he always showed me the actual meaning of friendship.. and every time the assurance that came from him.. "dont worry.. i am you.. and yours only.. keep moving..!!"..

i reached my destination.. and stood just below the sun.. and i saw my friend in the shortest dimensions.. i was confused.. but the moments of joy took over me.. and i went ahead.. leaving the destination and sun behind me..

its dark again.. i am waiting for the rays that would bring my friend back.. because.. "a journey continues... to reach a destination... that is unseen.. but close.. and i will reach there.. with my shadow accompanying me.. always..!!"..

No comments: